All Stars 2023-2024
Hello and welcome to the Upperby Allstars Nursery!!
Our Nursery Teacher is called Mr Stokes and our Nursery Teaching Assistants are Mrs Reid and Ms Christie, as well as Mrs Owen who comes in on some afternoons. Miss Stobbs covers for Mr Stokes on Friday mornings.
Our Nursery Day
On a day to day basis, we have 2 Nursery sessions:-
- morning session starts at 8.45 am and finishes at 11.45 am
- afternoon session starts at 12.30 pm and finishes at 3.30 pm
Parents are asked to wait at the large blue gate at the top of the Uldale Road entrance and a member of staff will open the gate to allow access.
We believe that the experiences that children initiate themselves provide some of the very best opportunities for learning, however there is some structure to our sessions- it looks a bit like this:
- Children arrive, hang up coats and self-register.
- Once inside, we decide where in the classroom we're going to work, and make our way there
- After around 45 minutes, we tidy the classroom and sit on the carpet to say good morning before taking part in a whole class activity.
- Over the course of the session, an adult will run a short activity with all of the children, modelling learning.
- We have a snack time which provides us a great opportunity to sit and talk with each other and develop our self care skills at the same time.
- We spend most of the rest of the session enjoying free flow between the classroom and outside, including our fabulous forest area.
- After a quick tidy, we gather on the carpet for another short activity before saying our goodbyes and going home to get some rest ahead of another busy day at nursery!