Parent Questionnaire about Remote Learning (Google Classroom) - March 2021
Thank you to all the parents who took part in the questionnaire which covered 84 pupils.
100% of parents said that Google Classroom was useful, with 88% saying they found it extremely useful or very useful.
75.4% of parents said that that remote learning has allowed their child(ren) to make progress. A further 22.8% were unsure about progress.
These are some of the comments parents made about remote learning:
- The school has kept in touch by the teacher phoning regularly.
- Always kept us up to date with what is going on.
- The work has been well set out and questions can be asked if help is needed.
- Just being there you are all superstars!
- The support has been fabulous considering the upheaval of the last year.
- We love Upperby School and its fabulous teachers.
Parent Questionnaire December 2020
Thank you to all the parents who responded to the parents questionnaire sent out by the Governing body. 127 parents responded and the information helps us to improve our school.
- 98% agreed or strongly agreed that their child is happy at school.
- 97% agreed or strongly agreed that their child feels safe within school
- 97% agreed or strongly agreed that if their child attended the childcare hub they felt safe and looked after during this time.
- 96% agreed or strongly agreed that they were happy with my child's experience at Upperby Primary school.
- 96% agreed or strongly agreed that their child does well at our school.
- 95% agreed or strongly agreed that during COVID restrictions they were supported by the school.
We will continually work hard to ensure that your child has the best possible experience whilst within our care at Upperby Primary School.
Actions going forward from this questionnaire
More information for parents about the curriculum. We recognise that this information is sent over the year via paper format. This year we have included more detail about the curriculum on each class page and also on the curriculum pages. We have altered the website to make it easier to find information.
More contact with parents via e-mail and telephone to ensure more effective communication between school and parents.
Due to difficulties with Covid restrictions, parents have less opportunities to come into school and see the school in action, we will increase access to the school as soon as restrictions make this possible. This will enable parents to see how well behaved the children are in school and join their children for learning activities.
Parent Questionnaire October 2019
Thank you to all of the parents and carers who responded to the questionnaires that were available during our Parent Meetings in October 2019. We are delighted that 168 of our families have replied and that the outcome is very positive.
Of all of the parents who expressed an opinion:
- 100% agreed or strongly agreed that their child feels safe within school
- 98.8% agreed or strongly agreed that they would recommend the school to another parent
- 98% agreed or strongly agreed that their child is happy within school
- 98% agreed or strongly agreed that school makes sure that its pupils are well-behaved
Some of the comments made included:
- Amazing! Moved my children here last year. Best choice I've made!
- My son really enjoys school. He is doing really well and we are both really happy with his progress. He really loves all his teachers and the clubs he has attended.
- Very good school, very kind teachers. My kids are very very happy.
- Not as many clubs available for my son's year group.
- My daughter has a wonderful time at Upperby and loves coming to school.
- Upperby is a great school, sees each child as a whole - much more than just a SATs score. Great
staff, very caring - go above and beyond to help out. Can't speak highly enough - love the place.
We are pleased with the responses given in the questionnaires and continually work hard to ensure that your child has the best possible experience whilst within our care at Upperby Primary School.