On a day to day basis, we have 2 Nursery sessions:-
- morning session starts at 8.40 am and finishes at 11.45 am
- afternoon session starts at 12.30 pm and finishes at 3.30 pm
Parents are asked to wait at the large blue gate at the top of the Uldale Road entrance and a member of staff will open the gate to allow access.
We believe that the experiences that children initiate themselves provide some of the very best opportunities for learning, however we do have a structure to our sessions:
- Children arrive, hang up coats and use our interactive whiteboard to self-register.
- Once everybody is in, we gather on the carpet to say hello to each other, play a short game together, and to plan where we are going to explore.
- Our outside area is generally always open, and children are free to move between the classroom and the Nursery yard. On most days we go and explore our forest school area, accessing the climbing, digging, and other physical opportunities there are there.
- Over the course of the session, an adult will run a short activity with all of the children, modelling learning.
- We have a snack time which provides us a great opportunity to sit and talk with each other and develop our self care skills at the same time.
- After we've tidied up, we sit on the carpet for a story and some singing, and maybe a game if we have time, before saying our goodbyes and going home to get some rest ahead of another busy day at nursery!