CHILDCARE PROVISION FOR KEY WORKERS
INFORMATION FROM CUMBRIA COUNTY COUNCIL
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO SCHOOL UNLESS YOU ARE AN ESSENTIAL WORKER AND YOU HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE OPTION.
Some schools are choosing to open on an emergency basis. This is not free childcare.
Only where a parent is employed in an essential job AND their specific role is critical to the country's COVID-19 response AND there is no alternative childcare option available should children be sent to school.
If there is a second parent, or other suitable non-vulnerable person in the household, and they are not an essential worker they should look after children unless families make alternative arrangements.
If families do not act on this guidance, schools that are open may be overwhelmed and children will not be safe.
Be responsible. Please do not make a bad situation worse.
rrangements in Cumbria
- The situation is changing rapidly and things may change between now and tomorrow morning. Check your email and phone before you set off to school.
- Do not expect to be able to drop your child off at school as normal. Time will be required to register children. Put aside at least 1 hour.
- Do not arrive before 9.00am.
- Prepare for the possibility that these arrangements may be temporary and Government may place further restrictions over the coming days.
- Schools and those staffing them will be under pressure. Be patient and recognise that everyone involved is trying their best.